Schools have a responsibility to develop students’ physical, mental, emotional and spiritual health and well-being. Its main concern is to direct and assist the individual in his or her personal and interpersonal relations.
In view of the profile school learners, there is a need to offer a comprehensive guidance program that is an integral part of the schools total educational program.
The guidance program of activities is therefore designed to help the school promote its vision and mission, attain its philosophy, goals and objectives and to answer the needs of the students in the academic, social, emotional, interpersonal and career concerns.
The school has adopted a comprehensive and developmental approach for implementing guidance program. The concepts of student advocacy, leadership, collaboration, and systemic change are infused throughout the school guidance program. The specific goals of the program are:
- To understand the school environment
- To secure and maintain proper students record
- To upgrade students competencies in their personality and leadership skills
- To aid students in decision making and problem–solving
- To determine the strengths and weaknesses of the students
- To develop personal values and their implication for prospective life career plans and
- To support students in a constructive manner at times of difficulty
This office manages student deportment to ensure the maintenance of a clean, orderly, and pleasant school environment. It monitors the regular attendance and punctuality of all students in their classes. It collaborates with other offices so that all students will feel safe, respected, and satisfied in school.